Anselm is an expert for the design of electricity markets and an energy transition enthusiast. He combines a deep knowledge on the regulation of the power sector with strong quantitative skills.
- Consultant at Neon (since 2022)
- Research Associate at Hertie School (2018-2022)
- Work experience at BDEW in Brussels and the GIZ in Mexico
Anselm is trained in energy economics, engineering, and energy politics.
- Doctoral program in Energy Economics (submitted 03.2022), Hertie School, Berlin
- Master in International Energy from Sciences Po, Paris
- B.Sc. Energy Engineering from Technical University Berlin
Anselm has published on locational investment signals and economic incentives from the balancing mechanism.
- Arguments against nodal pricing in the European debate, MIT Working Paper, 2022 (w/ Tim Schittekatte)
- Electricity balancing as a market equilibrium: Estimating supply and demand of imbalance energy, Energy Economics, 2022 (w/ Anselm Eicke & Oliver Ruhnau)
- Locational investment signals, The Energy Journal, 2020 (w/ Tarun Khanna & Lion Hirth)