Ingmar is trained in energy economics and quantitative methods and energy system modeling.
- Ph.D. in Energy Economics from University of Basel (Hannes Weigt)
- M.Sc. Economics from University of Kent at Canterbury
- B.Sc. Economics from Marburg University
Ingmar has worked on electricity market design, helping policy-markers creating markets and advising private sector clients navigating them.
- Market-based redispatch, BMWi (report)
- Black start procurement, BMWi (report)
- Ancillary services procurement, BMWi (report)
- Future market design, utility
Ingmar has published on electricity market modeling, electricity grids and open data.
- Market-based redispatch, EconStor Working Paper, 2020
- Frictionless data for electricity system modelling, Applied Energy, 2019
- Opening the black box of energy modelling, Energy Strategy Reviews, 2018
- The Role of the Swiss Electricity Transmission Grid until 2050, Swiss journal of economics and statistics, 2015